Club Statement – 18 March 2020
The health and safety of players, staff, volunteers, members, supporters and the broader community is the Club’s number one priority, and changes made by the Club to any programs are designed to reduce the risk of our Club community and the wider community being exposed to COVID-19.
On 17 March 2020, the Board of Water Polo WA advised that due to the health risk associated with COVID – 19, all State League Senior, Junior, Challenge Cup and Masters Competitions would cease. This notice is available on our club website.
As a result of this decision all State League training has ceased immediately.
On 18 March 2020, the Executive Committee of the UWA Water Polo Club met and advised all Club programs will cease as of today.
This includes the cancellation of
- Swimming at UWA on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings
- FlippaSwim on Monday and Wednesday afternoons (including this afternoon)
- Friday Night FlippaBall and presentations
- DSC Flippaswim (Friday afternoons)
- District School Grand Finals (21 March) and presentations
- Junior State League training, games, and Windup in its past format planned for 29 March (alternate options are being considered and will be advised)
- Senior State League training, games and Windup planned for 3 April (alternate options are being considered and will be advised)
- Masters trainings and Tuesday night games
- Sunday women’s training at UWA
for the remainder of the season.
We acknowledge that these measures may cause disappointment and frustration for our members and supporters. As a club we are incredibly disappointed to have to finish a very successful season in such a way. We hope that you understand and appreciate that these temporary measures have been introduced to benefit the health and safety of all.
The Club will be continually monitoring advice and liaising with our State Association and our Venues. As soon as we are able to provide advice on recommencing programs we will advise.